Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Monday, May 01, 2006

Day 2 - The Carder Bee

I've been pondering tactics for this. If I'm going to string this out for as long as possible I need to be careful which species I select each day - no point in posting a dandelion unless I really have to, better to go for something that's either unusual, seasonal or difficult to photograph. So, I took a load more images today and another bumblebee turned out to be best.

Today's species is: The Carder Bee, Bombus pascuorum















Canon 20D, Sigma 180mm, f5,6, 1/400s, ISO400

This is a common garden species that lives in colonies of about 100 individuals, typically buried somewhere underground. They are particularly fond of Foxgloves, apparently.


Species list

Bumblebees 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter