Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Species 54 - Comma

My fourth species of butterfly and I'm only aware of 2 more that visit the garden (large white which flies though frequently but never settles and Painted Lady, which I haven't seen for a few weeks). Having said that I would expect Peacock, Small Tortoiseshell and Small White to appear at some point. I may have a run of plants for the nest few days before a whole range of species go over.


Comma (Polygonia c-album)





















Scores (how the 54 species so far break down by group)

Bees - 6
Moths - 3
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 11
OtherFlies - 3
Hoverflies - 8
Molluscs - 1
Beetles - 9
Spiders -1
Centipedes - 1
Wasps - 1
Butterflies - 4
Dragonflies - 1
Birds - 3
True bugs - 1


GWP - copyright GWP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter