Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Species 48 - Liocoris tripustulatus

Not exactly the best photo ever, but the best I could manage of this bug species, if I get a better one I'll replace it. This was one of 4 species of hemiptera, the so called true bugs, I found today. Although this was the only one I could idenitfy, and only then after extensive internet searching. The guide books I have a very limited in this group. This species is reported to favour nettles, and yes that's a nettle it's sitting on.


Liocoris tripustulatus





















Scores (how the 47 species so far break down by group)
Bees - 6
Moths - 2
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 11
OtherFlies - 3
Hoverflies - 5
Molluscs - 1
Beetles - 8
Spiders -1
Centipedes - 1
Wasps - 1
Butterflies - 3
Dragonflies - 1
Birds - 3
True bugs - 1

GWP - copyright GWP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter