Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Species 49 - Athous haemorrhoidalis

Found this click beetle on a dahlia leaf. I'm not 100% sure it is this species as there are many that look very similar to this one, it could be A. haemorrhoidalis. However this is stated as being the commonest species, indeed it is regarded as a pest, so I'm going with this for now. This leads me to a confession. I've realised that one of my earlier posts was incorrect, species 43, it turns out was not White Horehound, but black Horehound. This is now clear as the purple flowers have appeared. I correct the post. Lots of other interesting species today, but had trouble identifying them all.


Athous haemorrhoidalis























Scores (how the 49 species so far break down by group)


Bees - 6
Moths - 2
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 11
OtherFlies - 3
Hoverflies - 5
Molluscs - 1
Beetles - 9
Spiders -1
Centipedes - 1
Wasps - 1
Butterflies - 3
Dragonflies - 1
Birds - 3T
rue bugs - 1


GWP - copyright GWP

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger red angel said...

nice fotos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter