Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Monday, June 12, 2006

Species 36 - Syrphus ribesii

Is there a species of hoverfly that isn't the business? This one is another real cracker. I've seen it several times before, but this was the first chance I had to get a decent shot. At the same time I also had a Painted Lady, I did get a photo but it wasn't great so decided to go with this one. If I don't see another Painted Lady i may regret that decision.

Syrphus ribesii






















Scores (how the 36 species so far break down by group)

Bees - 5
Moths - 1
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 8
OtherFlies - 2
Hoverflies - 5
Molluscs - 1
Beetles - 4
Spiders -1
Centipedes - 1
Wasps - 1
Butterflies - 3
Dragonflies - 1
Birds - 2


GWP (copyright of GWP)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter