Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Species 39 - Small Magpie

Only my second moth, reflecting an overall bad moth year, I think. In fact I haven't had a macro moth yet, as this is actually a micro moth and the other species was a plume. Either way this is a nice insect, which I found when I disturbed some vegetation near the pond. I also had a new species of hoverfly this evening, which would have got the selected, but the photo was very poor. I hope I come across it again.

Small Magpie (Eurrhypara hortulata)














Scores (how the 39 species so far break down by group)

Bees - 5
Moths - 2
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 10
OtherFlies - 2
Hoverflies - 5
Molluscs - 1
Beetles - 4
Spiders -1
Centipedes - 1
Wasps - 1
Butterflies - 3
Dragonflies - 1
Birds - 2

GWP - copyright GWP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter