Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Friday, June 16, 2006

Species 40 - 22 spot Ladybird

This was a really good find, and depite 2 new hoverflies being seen this one immediately got the vote as even though my book says it's common I'm sure I've not seen it before. They feed on mildew apparently. That being the case I hope this one heads over to my strawberries... When seen it was on the leaf of a broad leaved dock (which will need to be posted fairly soon, also).

22 Spotted Ladybird (Psyllobora 22-puncatata)



















Scores (how the 40 species so far break down by group)

Bees - 5
Moths - 2
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 10
OtherFlies - 2
Hoverflies - 5
Molluscs - 1
Beetles - 5
Spiders -1
Centipedes - 1
Wasps - 1
Butterflies - 3
Dragonflies - 1
Birds - 2

GWP - copyright GWP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter