Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Species 12 - Wandering snail

Another lot of rain hampered photography this evening. Even so I spotted this snail near the surface of the pond and temporarily placed it on a lily pad to grab the shot. I think this the only species of snail we have in the pond currently but there are plenty there. We did have a Great Pond Snail for a while but I haven't seen it in some time. The snails came in with the plants we bought when the pond was set up. This species is said to be very common in the UK. The photo isn't very good really, the low levels forced me to use the flash


The Wandering Snail (Lymnaea peregra)




















Scores on the doors:

Bumblebees - 2
Other bees - 1
Moths - 1
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 4
OtherFlies - 1
Hoverflies - 1
Molluscs - 1

I still haven't posted a bird species, maybe it's getting near the time, although several plants species are waiting in the wings. I already realise that I have missed Lesser Celandine, which was in flower when I started this but has now gone. Oh well, maybe I can last till next March...

GWP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter