Garden Wildlife Photo Challenge

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Species 18 - Flesh Fly

Tonight, in the first sunshine we've had in a while, I noticed that the local fly population were hanging out sunning themselves on the fence. There were at least 7 species, including greenbottle which I've already posted, several others I could ID and 2 that I can't sort out. I need a fly book... This is a nice looking fly without such a nice name or habits, but then if it wasn't for creatures like this the place would be littered with dead bodies, I guess.

Flesh Fly (Sarcophaga carnaria) - It's possible this is a different species as there are many that are quite similar in this family. I'll go with this for now though.




















Bumblebees - 2
Other bees - 1
Moths - 1
Amphibians - 1
Plants - 6
OtherFlies - 2
Hoverflies - 1
Molluscs - 1
Beetles - 1
Spiders -1
Centipedes - 1

GWP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter